Construction Teamsters transport rock, sand, gravel, concrete, asphalt, water, and other building materials on trucks, both within jobsites and on public highways, with specialized vehicles.
The Construction Teamsters Apprentice program involves:
- Five weeks of training
- Upon completion of the five weeks, testing by training center staff and the California Department of Motor Vehicles
- Additional training in construction vehicle driving, hazardous waste and radiological materials, and safety
Tuition, room and board, and book expenses are charged for classes.
Requirements for application:
- Valid California driver’s license and the ability to obtain a Class A or B commercial driver’s license;
- Must be physically able to perform all phases of the work and to pass a U.S. Department of Transportation physical and a drug test;
- Resident of Northern California;
- Must join the Teamsters Union;
- Able to prove legal employable status in the United States;
- Able to read, write, and speak English;
- A DMV printout less than 30 days old, a résumé or job history, and copies of any applicable training certificates;
- A copy of a high school diploma or equivalent, if obtained (not required for entry into the program); and,
- A pre-enrollment interview.
To receive an information packet and to schedule a pre-enrollment interview, call (916) 354-2122.