Carpenters perform a great variety of tasks to build residential, commercial and industrial structures of wood, steel and concrete. They must be physically able to perform all phases of the work, some of which are strenuous.
The Carpenter Apprentice program involves:
- 4800 hours (four years) of on-the-job training.
- Program involves one week of mandatory classes per quarter.
Requirements for application:
- Applicants MUST be 18 years of age or a minimum of 17 and have parent or guardian sign their agreements.
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, or Verified 6 months full time work experience in a construction related trade, or Graduated from an approved pre-apprenticeship program.
- An applicant SHOULD have a valid Drivers License.
- An applicant SHOULD have Reliable Transportation.
Applications may be obtained at:
Carpenters Local 22
2085 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Carpenters Training Center
2350 Santa Rita Road
Pleasanton, CA 94566-4190
Or: downloaded and printed from www.ctcnc.org. Also, www.buildalife.org has some video and information about how to apply. Applications may be submitted in person at the Carpenters Training Center in Pleasanton Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., or may be sent there by mail at any time.