The Construction Teamsters Apprentice program involves:
- Five weeks of training
- Upon completion of the five weeks, testing by training center staff and the California Department of Motor Vehicles
- Additional training in construction vehicle driving, hazardous waste and radiological materials, and safety
Tuition, room and board, and book expenses are charged for classes.
Requirements for application:
- Valid California driver’s license and the ability to obtain a Class A or B commercial driver’s license;
- Must be physically able to perform all phases of the work and to pass a U.S. Department of Transportation physical and a drug test;
- Resident of Northern California;
- Must join the Teamsters Union;
- Able to prove legal employable status in the United States;
- Able to read, write, and speak English;
- A DMV printout less than 30 days old, a résumé or job history, and copies of any applicable training certificates;
- A copy of a high school diploma or equivalent, if obtained (not required for entry into the program); and,
- A pre-enrollment interview.
To receive an information packet and to schedule a pre-enrollment interview, call (916) 354-2122.