Glaziers handle, cut, prepare, and install glass (or products serving where glass would otherwise be used) in art, automobiles, storefronts, windows, showcases, skylights, shower and bath enclosures, curtain wall, and interior and exterior partitions.
They fabricate and install extruded metal tubes, mullions, metal facing materials, muttons, fascia, trim moldings, panels of all types, slope glazing, window wall, and curtain wall. The job includes heavy lifting and work in high places. The ability to work in a team is essential.
The Glazier Apprentice program involves:
- 7500 hours (usually five years) of on-the-job training
- 160 hours of classes for four years
Requirements for application:
- Must be at least 17 years old at the time of taking the entrance exam;
- Must provide a valid driver’s license;
- Must present a high school diploma or equivalency certificate; and
- Must pass the SRA spatial relations and math test administered by the Glaziers Apprenticeship Training Center
Applicants are required to contact the Glaziers Apprenticeship Training Office at (510) 785-8467.
For further information contact:
Northern California Glaziers JATC
2020 Williams St. Suite A
San Leandro, CA 94577